This Blog links to the Throw Starfish Episode about Social Media. If you have a business or a message social media can be a fantastic tool, it can also be a real pain and a hassle. I really love having conversations and connecting with others, so I am a big social media fan. It also has a very real dark side. Below are a few interesting links and people who are doing it well:
- Seth Godin is a marketing genius, I’ve mentioned on the podcast before that he took over Tim Ferris Podcast- he was great- you can hear his input here. I think it really helps you think about what you want your social media marketing to do.
- Twitter can be tough, you have to get the right tone, all in 140 characters. Here are some examples of people doing it well: @manwhohasitall @alyssajewellery @revkatebottley
- I found this article by Jeff Hester useful. he also has this handy image.
- It is always interesting looking at other peoples strategies- here is Buzzfeed’s
- Forbes 4 Social Media Mistakes to avoid.
PS- If you want to start using twitter, here is a link to my ‘The basics of twitter in 5 simple steps’ course (For FREE!)